-
I was looking at the flow charts comparing the low pressure pump with the hi pressure and it seems that at 90 psi, the low pressure is only flowing 7 gph, which is down from about 27 gph at 80psi. So if our 6psi kits top out at 90 psi, which is 60 psi plus 5 times boost equalling 90 psi tops, then are our motors running extremely lean on the topside? Such a drastic drop at full boost in fuel pressure doesn't seem too healthy. If it was this way, why didn't JR just recommend the high pressure pump instead of the low pressure? From what I've seen, the price difference is negligible. If the flow for the low pressure at 90 psi is fine for our motors, then wouldn't the high pressure pump, which provides 37 gph flow at 90psi as opposed to the 7 gph of the low pressure pump, make our motors run extremely rich? Thanks for the input.
Jon
-
Good point J.L., that's why I anticipated that I would be raising boost on my JRSC so I bought the Walbro hi-pressure unit ahead of time. I guess JR doesn't provide you with the hi-pressure unit because they want you to buy a new one from them when you step up. I was warned by others that JR, though a very reputable company, is out to make money period. That's why I got "outside help" in determining which components to acquire for higher boost.
BTW J.L., how soon do you want the 8psi pulley because I'm still waiting for the others money orders. I think their stuck with all those Christmas cards.
-
The sooner the better zip, but if you have to wait for the others, I'll understand. STill waiting on my J&S unit from Endyn, which are stalling for some reason. They're already at least one week late. I'm going to head out to Vegas this weekend, so the earliest, i'll be able to install the pulley is next week. Just have to get it done before Jan. 8 because i have to head back to school and I can't afford to drop my car off at JR for any amount of time on the weekdays due to school. Thanks.
Jon
-
About the J&S, I finally recieved mine. It was about a week late. Anyway it looks great, but it relies on the knock sensor and TPS voltage to start working. I'm wondering if that J&S knock sensor is much better than stock unit.
-
I spoke with John at J&S several months back about various things and while we were talking he came up with the idea of tapping into the signal from OE knock sensor on cars that have one. He'd need to modify the electronics and maybe the firmware in the J&S ECU to make it compatible with the different knock sensor and to share the signal with the factory ECM. From then on all Honda units could be made with this capability, though I'm not sure how this will benefit folks who already have theirs. Anyone with a J&S unit who's interested in going this route, who's got a motor with an OE knock sensor, who's not too far from J&S, and is willing to volunteer their car for a bit should call J&S and talk with John, then let us all know what's up. I'd do it except that I'm about 2000 miles too far away. http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/frown.gif Please note, this info is several months old and therefore could be stale by now. Just thought I'd bring it up though.
-
Zip, I tied my J&S into the stock knock sensor to see what would happen and I't really wouldn't show any knock using that sensor. I guess they may send out a different voltage from one another but also the stock sensor taps into the cooolant passage and has a hole into it (for the coolant I guess) and may work different than the GM sensor the J&S uses. I do wonder if their is a more sensitive replacement or one that could go in the Honda sensor's location that uses the coolant passage that send's a signal the J&S would recognize?